Monday 7 October 2013

Don't You Just Love Poppies?

Evening folks. I hope your week has started well. We are being well and truly spoilt with this wonderful weather aren't we? Although it sounds like we have to make the most of the next few days judging by the weather forecast.

I spent the wet days last week cocooned in my craft room having a lovely play with some stamps I'd almost forgotten about. Sheena will be on your screens on C&C this Saturday 12th October revisiting some of her older stamps, amongst them the Poppies and Daisies and the beautiful Church. The Lakeland Silhouettes are also due to make an appearance.



I combined the Poppies with the Church for this sample. The church being stamped in Walnut stain and the colour pulled out with water. I then distressed the edges with scissors and added stamping and water blobs to age it. All the backing papers are stamped with the Ageing Beautifully set except for the embossed piece. The poppies are painted with Poppy H20, what else??


There are always so many beautiful new stamps to tempt us that we forget about the ones we already have. I have thoroughly enjoyed revisiting these and will share some more during the week.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting.

Edit-I've had a question in one of the lovely comments you've left from a lady called Annette. I can't track her blog to reply personally so hope you call back here so that I can answer your question. The poppies on this card are embossed with black embossing powder on scrap card, painted with H20's, cut out and stuck on with 3d glue. I haven't used any acetate overlays although I know Sheena did when she made her version of it. I hope that helps and thank you for your interest, I really appreciate it.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You're so right, Lisa, we do tend to neglect our older stamps for the most recently acquired. It's such a shame, especially when they are as beautiful as these. Lovely card - the poppies look terrific in the forefront and I like your treatment of the backing papers. We have had some rain here over the last few days but it's still unseasonably warm - long may it continue :) Elizabeth xx

Hettie said...

Gosh Lisa. This is absolutely gorgeous. Love the stamping of the Church against the poppies and as you know I love poppies.
Beautiful
Hugs
xx

Jill said...

There's something about poppies that really make a card special. I love all the cards you make Lisa, but this one is truly beautiful. Jill x

Beryl said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Lisa. I have this stamp (well I have most of Sheena's stamps.lol) and haven't used it nearly enough times. So glad Sheena will be revisiting some older stamps - especially now I have the 'box' that I can record everything on properly.
Beryl xx

Sally H said...

wow, wow, wow, Lisa! That is just stunning! Sorry it has taken me so long to get here!

Nettie K said...

Dear Lisa, I was re-watching Sheena's C&C show which featured your beautiful Church & Poppies card.

I'm STILL not sure whether your poppies are done on an acetate overlay or all cut out and stuck on OR a mixture of the two?

If you could let me know (when you have a spare moment), I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks,
Annette